Changing Tides Of Shopping
History has recorded changes in several things from the past. People, culture, world, countries and societies have changed and adapted to be mingled together. No more are the countries a different culture or tradition, but the earth grew out as huge coagulation of all kinds. War, governance and strategy changed, changing the choice and demands of people. Simultaneously the developed goods, fashion and fame didn’t go unnoticed. Of all the things that turned colours, shopping also contributed its part. It isn’t a noticeable act but surely not the one ignored. The reins of shopping have changed markets and business tracks while riding on consumer choice and demand wheels.
Consumers have changed the flow of shopping from needs to desires to lately comfort. The changes in the choices in the early days were purely due to new attractions and new inventions. Shopping lured people to mixed and foreign cultures to try out the different stuff available on the streets. During the same flow, the hunger to get more variety and have more things gave way to developing strategies to ease the act. The following are few tips for comfort-
• Planning and taking time out for shopping was a family or friends’ get together. People decided priorly when and where to meet and what to buy. They would easily spend hours or even a whole day buying and eating out. We all have certainly experienced the craze of holiday shopping at least once in our life.
• Time is short, and holidays are yet more auspicious on these busy days. People are now reluctant to spend hours roaming around the shops but can’t refrain from the urge to go. Online shopping came to the rescue at this point. Instead of moving around malls and streets, we are surfing around scrolls and feeds.
• Door deliveries and online payments allow the whole process in the couch itself. No need to plan and buy anymore.
• Comfort comes with colours as the variety to choose expanded from online sources. Easy comparison and reliable reviews get us to the correct product.
• Our tastes and choices change with the introduction of foreign products. Traditional once are being overpowered by easy usable new goods.
• The latest goods are sold worldwide, making them effortlessly famous thus their prices are also cheap and affordable. Compared to shop products, online things have discount stickers.
The reduced prices, real-time online interactions and payments all collectively shifted the platform of shopping. Shop retailers face issues of consumer rate drop heavy competition from international goods.
Clothing Changes With Time
Clothes were among the necessities of humankind. Protection from the harsh surroundings was their sole purpose which unknowingly developed to a standard of recognition.
• Formal and official clothes no doubt reflects the status of the person in the first view. Suits, gowns, jeans or pyjamas were not any expected names, but the choice and fashion gave birth.
• The roots of changing fashion started with dressing for events. People chose fabric and colours according to the time and place. Formal and casuals were segregated with different shapes and designs.
• Gone are the days when fashion designers used to develop the cloth line, which would be the new trend. Instead, these days designers are running behind consumer preferences to boost sales. Reviews for most used and required types are studies to make the pleasing the users.
• Peer competition and urge to shine unique reflected tremendous difference in the clothing shops. Comfort ancient, weird and clingy clothes of flashy designs are also no less on streets. They may be hard to put on, but we are bound to wear them! Society reached a point of describing the human character based on cloth shopping. Famous brands or popular styles are the accepted ones in the crowd.
• Fabric and use have lost their importance if comfort and attention have effortlessly replaced them. We often go to branded shops only rather than purchasing the required and local goods. Brand names are stamp marks overpowering the fabric type or make.
Decades ago, fabric and design were seasonal and local. The data-driven and tech-savvy era have swirled the pool of designs. With time the need was replaced by trend. Parallelly frequency of shop increased as every new trend is to be bought and tried. Both the production and purchase touched the skies in no time.
Branded Platters All-Around
Tastes change with mood and mind; has the platter decoration also changed with time? Food was never viewed as a trendy object, but today’s choices didn’t even exist years ago!
• Getting food supplies doesn’t have the issue of design and type. Only tastes and durability matters. But, long shelf life, mixed tastes and customized dishes are the new colours deciding factors whether or not to buy.
• What to buy also changed with how to buy methods. Pushing a cart through the aisles was replaced by online orders. Food delivery and online orders are preferred compared to restaurants and hotels.
• Ghost kitchen, delivery apps, and food trucks are newly developing careers in the food industry due to changing shopping trends for supplies.
• Continental or Traditional aren’t only for clothes and ethics. Food choices and varied adaptions have also altered many age-old traditions and principles. We endlessly get attracted to the new tastes and try stuffing them into our local plates.
• Popularity with data sharing and social media influenced the changes in food shopping and the shops themselves. Many times, we buy a product to try, or we have seen someone else enjoying it. Reviews and use of different ingredients to make customized dishes have branched the reach of products.
• Many didn’t know the benefits and uses of foreign and assorted products before. People ate what they produced on their soil. Thanks to the vast web of knowledge and travelling, shopping for non-local products has shot up lately.
From past to present, both the way we eat and how we get the food has changed. Shopping for different ingredients and food is also a crazy hobby in search of new tastes and flavours. No more do we need to go to places to eat local but can easily get them at our doorstep.
Old Is Gold
Time always advances; old is replaced by new, fusion, and fashion prevail over the need and requirements. But a fraction of the population is still interested in the past.
• The trendy choices make us acceptable among society but often choosing vintage or old products makes us shine unique.